GUARDIAN – GSK ORAL CARE SPEND AND WIN CONTEST Terms and Conditions
1. This promotion (“Contest”) is organised by GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Sdn Bhd (“GSK”) and is open to Malaysian residents aged 18 years and above only.
2. Participation in the Contest is subject to these Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”). Entry into this Contest shall be deemed as acceptance of these T&Cs, including any amendments, additions, replacements, variations and modifications thereto. By entering the Contest, participants agree to be bound by and to comply with the T&Cs. Non-compliance with or breach of any of these T&Cs may disqualify a participant at any stage of the Contest, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed.
3. In the event of any inconsistency between these T&Cs and the terms of any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Contest, these T&Cs shall prevail.
4. Employees of GSK and its affiliates (including but not limited to GSK Committees and Councils), employees of any partners, sponsors and agencies (including any external auditor or advertising agencies) and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Winner(s) may be required to sign a written statement confirming their eligibility before prize collection.
5. GSK may at any time at its sole and absolute discretion, without notice or assigning any reason therefore: (a) substitute, withdraw, add to or alter any of the prizes; (b) suspend, withdraw or terminate the Contest; or (c) delete, vary, supplement, amend or modify these T&Cs in such manner as GSK deems fit, including without limitation, the eligibility of participants, the bases and methods of identification of any winner(s) and any dates in connection with the Contest, the Contest period, number of draws and Contest dates. GSK shall not, to the extent permitted by law, be liable to for any claims, costs, expenses, loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of the aforementioned changes. Any amendments to the T&Cs will be posted on Sensodyne Malaysia Facebook.
6. Contest participation covers the period from 1 December 2020 to 31 December 2020 (both dates inclusive) (“Contest Period”). Winners will be selected from amongst Entry Submission received from 1 December 2020 to 31 December 2020. The closing date for participation is 31 December 2020, 23:59 GMT +8. Entry Submission received after 31 December 2020 will not be considered for the Contest.
7. To enter the Contest, Participants must:-
a. Purchase a minimum of RM18.00 worth of Sensodyne, parodontax and / or Polident products (“Participating Brands”) in a SINGLE receipt at any Guardian Health and Beauty Sdn. Bhd outlet in Malaysia (“Proof of Purchase”) during the Contest Period.
b. Take a legible photograph of the Proof of Purchase and send it to WhatsApp number 012565 6031.
Example: <GUARDIAN> <NAME> <IC LAST 6 DIGITS> send to 012-565 6031
c. Each participant may submit multiple Entry Submission. However, every participant is only eligible to win a prize once in the entire Contest. The prizes for this Contest are:-
Grand prize : Nespresso Latissima One Coffee Machine x3 units Second prize : Le Creuset Round French Oven 24cm x3 units Third prize : Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker x10 units Consolations prizes : Le Creuset Calm Collection stoneware 350ml Mugs Set of 4 x 15 units
d. One (1) random draw will be conducted by GSK’s appointed agent by 15th January 2021, subject to limitations or restrictions imposed by the government on business activities from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. If you are determined by GSK, in GSK’s sole discretion, to have failed to comply with these T&Cs, you will be disqualified from the Contest, and your Entry Submission shall be deemed null and void. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
e. GSK’s appointed agent will attempt to contact the selected contestant by phone call within 14 working days from the draw date specified above. If you (i) cannot be reached within five (5) business days of the first notification, (ii) decline the Prize and / or (iii) fail to correctly answer the skill testing question in paragraph (g) below then you will be disqualified and an alternate contestant will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted during the Contest Period. This process will be repeated until thirty one (31) selected contestants have been reached and the Prizes have been awarded in accordance with these T&Cs or GSK runs out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first.
f. Winner selection will be informed via phone call and prizes will be posted by 31st January 2021. Risk of damage to and/or loss of the Prize passes to the winner immediately upon the winner’s receipt of the Prize.
g. IF YOU ARE A SELECTED CONTESTANT, YOU MUST, BEFORE BEING DECLARED A WINNER: (i) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, five (5) quiz questions within a specified time period; (ii) provide GSK’s appointed agent personal particulars as requested in the form of your full name (as per NRIC), contact number and postal address; and (iii) confirming among other things, your compliance with these T&Cs, acceptance of the Prize as awarded without substitution, and releasing GSK and advertising and promotional agencies of GSK and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with this Contest, your participation therein and/or the awarding and use of the Prize or any portion thereof. Prizes will be awarded based on the length of time required to answer all 5 questions correctly. The fastest winner will win the Grand Prize followed by the 2nd fastest getting the next best prize.
h. GSK accepts no responsibility for any Entry Submission that are delayed, misdirected, or for whatsoever reason (including but not limited to technical glitches, network, system or
infrastructure failures, delays in transmission etc) have failed to reach the WhatsApp number on time or otherwise at all to enter the Contest.
i. GSK will endeavour to hold the Contest on and at the date, time and venue and by the mode (manually or electronically) as advertised, but reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct the Contest by another mode in such circumstances as GSK may deem appropriate.
j. Winners will be announced on Sensodyne Malaysia Facebook page within 14 working days from the draw date upon full completion of paragraph (g) above as well as being personally notified via telephone. All prizes which are not won or remain unclaimed after 2 months of the announcement of the winner(s) will be forfeited.
k. GSK’s decision on all matters regarding the Contest is final, conclusive and binding, and no enquiries or appeals, either verbal or written, shall be entertained. All participants including the winner(s) shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by GSK concerning, without limitation, these T&Cs, the rules, procedures and regulations of the Contest, the award of prizes and any other matters relating to the Contest.
l. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and non-cash prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. GSK accepts no responsibility for any tax or other liability that may arise from the prize winnings. Prizes are subject to availability and GSK has the right to substitute any prize for a comparable prize of equal or greater value to be awarded in lieu, subject to any applicable law.
m. Participants shall not, without the prior written approval of GSK, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Contest.
n. Each Contest winner consents to GSK disclosing and/or publishing his/her name, particulars and/or photographs in any manner which GSK may deem fit for publicity purposes. Each Winner agrees to co-operate with and participate in any advertising or publicity activities conducted by GSK relating to the Contest.
o. GSK shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death in the connection with the Contest, or any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Any warranty claims in relation to a prize should be directed to the relevant manufacturer and not to GSK. Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, no representations, warranties, terms or conditions that are not expressly stated in these T&Cs apply to this Contest nor in respect of the prizes and all implied warranties are excluded, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the prizes.
q. All contact details provided pursuant to the Contest may be used by GSK in its sole discretion for future marketing related programs. Without prejudice to these T&Cs, all participants in the Contest expressly and irrevocably permit and authorise GSK to
disclose, reveal and divulge information regarding their particulars to the parties involved in organising, promoting and conducting the Contest.
r. These T&Cs shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and the participants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
s. Any trademarks, graphic symbols, logos or intellectual property contained in any materials used in connection with this Contest, in particular that relating to the prizes, are the property of their respective owners. GSK and its agents are not affiliated with, or endorsed or sponsored by, such owners and their relevant affiliates.
t. Sensodyne, parodontax and Polident are trademarks owned by or licensed to the GSK group of companies.