Shop & Win! With Dermacol Contest 2020 Terms & Conditions
The Guardian Shop & Win! With Dermacol Contest 2020 (the “Contest”) is organised by Guardian Health And Beauty Sdn. Bhd. (“Organiser”).
1. The Contest will start at 12:00am on 15 May 2020 and ends at 11:59pm on 14 June 2020 (“Contest Period”). The Organiser reserves the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period without prior notice. All entries received outside the Contest Period shall be automatically disqualified.
2. This Contest is open to all Malaysian Citizens above 18 years of age (as at 1 May 2020) (the “Participant(s)”) except the employees and immediate family members of the Organiser, including its affiliates and/or related companies, distributors, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies.
3. By participating in the Contest, the Participant is deemed to have fully and unconditionally agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions stated hereinafter. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who does not comply with any of the Terms and Conditions of this Contest or if the Organiser is of the view that the Participant fails to meet any of the Organiser’s participation criteria.
4. The Organiser reserves the rights to amend, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions without any prior notice at any time and the Participant shall be bound to such changes. The Organiser is the final authority to decide on the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions and as to any other matters relating to this Contest. The Organiser’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the Contest, including without limitation, the determination of the Winners. Any correspondence pertaining to the decision made by the Organiser will not be entertained.
5. The Organiser may waive any of these Terms and Conditions in its sole discretion. Any attempt by a Participant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Organiser reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. The Organiser, all its promotion partners and other parties involved in the Contest, including their directors, officers and agents are not liable in any way for the following: (a) intervention by unauthorised parties during the Contest; (b) any human errors and electronic/technical failure in the administration of the Contest and processing of entries; (c) any entry that is lost, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received; and (d) any liability (including death) whether directly or indirectly caused by their participation in the Contest and usage of the prize.
7. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
8. How to participate
a) Participants must spend RM80.00 and above on ANY Dermacol product in a single receipt at any Guardian outlet or online e-commerce website within the Contest Period (“Proof of Purchase”). Duplicated and re-printed Proof of Purchase are not accepted. The Organiser reserves the rights to disqualify any illegible, disfigured and modified Proof of Purchase.
b) Each receipt entitles the Participant to one (1) WhatsApp entry ONLY. Answer a simple question: “"Where is Dermacol developed?" Send the following via WhatsApp to 011- 3793 3134, a dedicated phone line set-up by the Organiser to receive entries submitted by participants:
i. clear photo of the entire single receipt;
ii. Answer to question;
iii. NRIC number;
iv. Full name as per NRIC.
9. Retain original single receipt dated within Contest Period that matches the WhatsApp entry as Proof of Purchase. Participants may send as many WhatsApp entries as they wish but each entry must be accompanied with the required details and a different Proof of Purchase for each entry. Participants are not allowed to submit/send more than one (1) WhatsApp entry with the same Proof of Purchase to the Organiser.
10. Winners’ selection:
a) First Prize x 1:
i. The eligible First Prize winners will be determined by the total number of qualified entries received during the Contest Period divided by 12. For example: if the total number of qualified entries received is 6,303, then this number will be divided by 12 and rounded to the nearest lower whole number which is 525. Hence the 525th and 1,050th qualified entries will be shortlisted. The 1st and 7th shortlisted entries will be the eligible First Prize winners. The remaining entries starting from the 2nd, 3rd, 4th shortlisted entries and so on will be the replacement winners, for example, if the 1st shortlisted entry is disqualified, the 2nd shortlisted entry will be the replacement winner. If the 7th shortlisted entry is also disqualified, the 3rd shortlisted entry will be the replacement winner and so forth.
b) Second Prize x 2:
i. The eligible Second Prize winners will be determined by the total number of qualified entries received during the Contest Period divided by 36. For example: if the total number of qualified entries received is 6,303, then this number will be divided by 36 and rounded to the nearest lower whole number which is 175. Hence the 175th, 350th, 525th qualified entries and so on will be shortlisted. The 1st, 7th, 13th shortlisted entries and so on will be the eligible Second Prize winners. The remaining entries starting from the 2nd, 3rd, 4th shortlisted entries and so on will be the replacement winners, for example, if the 7th shortlisted entry is disqualified, the 2nd shortlisted entry will be the replacement winner. If the 13th shortlisted entry is also disqualified, the 3rd shortlisted entry will be the replacement winner and so forth.
c) Consolation Prize x 5:
i. The eligible Consolation Prize winners will be determined by the total number of qualified entries received during the Contest Period divided by 120. For example: if the total number of qualified entries received is 6,303, then this number will be divided by 120 and rounded to the nearest lower whole number which is 52. Hence the 52nd, 104th, 156th qualified entries and so on will be shortlisted. The 1st, 7th, 13th shortlisted entries and so on will be the eligible winners. The remaining entries starting from the 2nd, 3rd, 4th shortlisted entries and so on will be the replacement winners, for example, if the 7th shortlisted entry is disqualified, the 2nd shortlisted entry will be the replacement winner. If the 13th shortlisted entry is also disqualified, the 3rd shortlisted entry will be the replacement winner and so forth.
ii. From the twenty (20) shortlisted entries, the ten (10) entries with the highest total purchase amount of participating brands will be the Third Prize winners, while the other ten (10) entries will be the Consolation Prize winners.
iii. In the event of a tie, the earlier entry received will win.
11. The eligible winners will be contacted via telephone and will be required to correctly answer a question before being declared a winner. Should the first attempt to contact the eligible winner fails, i.e. no reply, telephone number not in service or no connection, etc, another two (2) attempts will be made within the next 24 hours of the first telephone call. Where such further attempts are unsuccessful, the Organiser reserves the rights to disqualify the eligible winner and thereafter select the next qualified participant. The Organiser will not be held liable in the event the winner cannot be contacted for whatever reasons. In the event the eligible winner fails to correctly answer the simple question, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify the eligible winner and find another eligible winner as replacement.’
12. The eligible winners will be required to submit by Pos Laju/courier all the original receipts with matching receipt details as the WhatsApp entries and a copy of their NRIC within three (3) working days from the date of notification as proof of purchase, failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify the eligible winner and find another eligible winner as replacement.
13. Total Prizes
a) The prizes are as follows:
i. First Prize x 1: (1) one Make-up mirror with Wireless charger worth RM520 and (1) one limited edition Make-up Cover Palette worth RM 99.
ii. Second Prize x 2: (1) one set of Dermacol Signature Set worth RM 308.90 each.
- Dermacol Make-Up Cover x 1 (RM 69)
- 16H Lip Colour x 1 (RM 64)
- Invisible Fixing Powders (RM 69)
- Satin make-up base 10ml (RM 47)
- Mega Lashes Express Volume Mascara (RM 59.90)
iii. Consolation Prize x 3: (1) Dermacol Foundation set worth RM217 each.
- Satin make-up base 10ml x 1
- Dermacol Make-Up Cover x 1
- Invisible Fixing Powders x 1
- Matt Control Corrector x 1
14. Each participant is only allowed to win one (1) First Prize, Second Prize, and Consolation Prize throughout the Contest Period.
15. Prize Redemption
a) All Contest prizes must be claimed at winners’ own expense within sixty (60) days after the date of notification of winnings. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited by the Organiser sixty (60) days after the date of notification of winnings.
b) The Organiser reserves the rights to postpone the pre-determined date and venue of the Prizes redemption to a later date which shall be notified by the Organiser to the winner. The Organiser excludes all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prizes’ details or any other unforeseen circumstances beyond the Organiser’s reasonable control and for any act or default of any third party suppliers or vendors.
c) The Organiser will not entertain any complaints on the quality and quantity of the prizes after handing the prize to the winner. The prize shall be used/taken entirely at the risk of the Winner and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, the Organiser offer no representation whatsoever, express, implied or statutory and excludes all warranties and liabilities in relation to the prizes including, but without limitation, the merchantable quality and fitness for purposes in respect of the prizes.
d) The Organiser reserves the rights at its sole discretion, to provide an alternative prize of an equivalent value at any time without prior notice. All prizes are not transferable, refundable or exchangeable in any other form for whatever reason. The value of the prize is correct at the time of printing. All prizes are given on an “as is” basis.
16. All recording, transportation, accommodation, personal costs and/or any other costs, fees and/or other expenses that are incurred to participate in this Contest and to redeem the Contest prize is at the sole responsibility of the winner.
17. The Organiser is not responsible and/or liable for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorised access to, or alteration of, user or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet and/or websites.
18. Winners will be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility and where lawful, publicity consent agreement, from the Organiser.
19. By entering, winners agree to grant the Organiser and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, independent contractors and advertising/promotion agencies the use of his/her name, details submitted through the Contest website, likeness, biographical data and statements for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, advertising, trade, or promotion, in any media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
20. Participants shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any accident, injury, damage or claim resulting from participation in this Contest.
21. Use of Data
a) By participating in this Contest, the Participants agree that the Organiser may use the Participants’ entries, photos, video, name provided and/or any statement made by them concerning the Contest and/or the prizes for future advertising and publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any and all media without additional compensation, notification or permission. By submitting the entries for this Contest, all Participants agree and acknowledged that all intellectual property rights thereto shall belong to the Organiser.
b) The Organiser may collect personal identifiable information (“Information”) to provide services or to correspond with the Participants. This Information is stored in a manner appropriate to the nature of the data by the Organiser and is used to fulfill the Participant’s request(s). By submitting the Participant’s Information, the Organiser deems that permission is given to the Organiser and/or its authorised agents to use this Information for the purpose of present and future marketing and promotional purposes and to improve its products and services. If the Participant informs the Organiser via 1300 1300 89 that the above Information should not be used as a basis for further contact, the Information will not be provided or shared with other companies for their use.
c) In view of the implementation of the Personal Data Act Protection Act, by participating in the Contest, the Participants hereby expressly grant the Organiser, their affiliates and partners the permission to use and process their personal data including (but not limited to) names, contact information and/or photographs for future advertising and publicity purposes in any media in connection with this Contest without additional compensation, notification or permission.
a) It is the responsibility of the Participants to provide complete and valid information. Participant agrees to grant the rights to the Organiser to have access to obtain, extract, verify and/or utilize the given information at any time from time to time.
b) Participant has the right to obtain access, request correction or withdraw consent to disclose any personal information held by the Organiser. Such request can be made via Facebook message at Guardian’s official Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/guardianmalaysiaor by post to Guardian Health and Beauty Sdn. Bhd. Mezzanine Floor, Giant Hypermarket Shah Alam Stadium, Lot 2, Persiaran Sukan, Seksyen 13, 40100 Shah Alam Selangor.